Monday, May 07, 2007

The dead shall walk the earth ...


But not on my watch today.

Went to a dubious-looking video store on the east side of the city to pick up "Dawn of the Dead" (and was pleasantly surprised by the Criterion collection and other choices -- all about a buck less than Blockbuster and LH) and found "Dawn" right away. Get to the counter and realize I picked up the 2004 remake! I congratulate myself for catching this amateurish mistake and go back and pick up "Dawn" and go home.

I put the DVD in the player and realize I checked out "Day of the Dead" instead.

And my co-worker is right -- it's the dud in the series. I felt like I was watching an excerpt from "T.J. Hooker" or "Hunter," except with undead.

So if you want to talk about "Dawn" today, you can start without me -- or I've seen it before, so I can discuss. I'll be in full moderating mode tomorrow.

2 comments:

kc said...

That picture totally freaks me out.

kc said...

DW, don't forget, friend, that you have to pick a movie pronto! I forgot to remind you yesterday.