Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Dame May Whitty




I thought Dame May Whitty was another charming addition to the cast as the missing Miss Froy. I love all of her ramblings about Mother Mountain and Father Mountain, the tea a million Mexicans drink and all that. She might have been channeling Miss Marple -- that foxy sleuth who only seems dithery and amiable.

She was nominated for two Oscars for supporting actress, one for "Mrs. Miniver" and one for "Night Must Fall." The only other film she's appeared in that I've seen is "Suspicion." Sadly, I saw that such a long time ago that I don't remember her, but I'll rent it again.

3 comments:

kc said...

Loved her, especially after her "foxiness" becomes apparent— when you'r able to see her frumpy ramblings in the proper light.

Ben said...

She was the high point of the film for me. I thought she out-acted everyone else.

Erin said...

I loved her ramblings! She was so cute and funny. That she turned out to be a spy was the icing on the cake.