Monday, April 23, 2007

Christy's pick: "Dawn of the Dead"



OK. It's time for a horror movie.

My film critic co-worker hounded me, a horror film fan, for almost a year to watch this film, and it was well-worth my time. "Dawn of the Dead" is the second in George Romero's "Dead" trilogy but can be watched on its own. Though the same premise -- the dead are walking the earth and hungry for a taste of the living -- carries throughout the trilogy, the characters and storylines stand alone in each film.

There are a lot of interesting subtexts about gender, race and suburbia in this 1978 original. (I hear the 2004 remake is good, but that's not the one to watch.)

Enjoy!

4 comments:

kc said...

Ack! You rock, sista!

Erin said...

OK, this will be fun.

george said...

So, cl, after watching "Dawn" do you have more of an appreciation for "Shaun"?

cl said...

Hot pic, George. I did love "Shaun" but hadn't thought about the connection. I'll have to rewatch it!