Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Hollywood ending?

At the end, when Olivia, Joe and Fin are drinking on her porch, there's a hint that Fin might hook up with the librarian girl. Those two had a sweet exchange at his place, and he attempted to intervene when the bullying boyfriend (the father of her expected child?) was being mean to her. Did you think the two of them as a couple seemed plausible? I didn't feel any spark from Fin for her until at the very end. Was that line about their hooking up sort of contrived? I felt the movie had a satisfactory ending with the three friends reconciling. I'm not sure that the hint of romance added much to it. What did you think?

3 comments:

Erin said...

I could not see Fin hooking up with the library girl. It didn't seem plausible to me, based on their having nothing in common and on that woman's previous taste in men. Maybe because of that, I interpreted the line at the end as more of a joke.

kc said...

Maybe it was more of a joke, yeah.

I think he felt comfortable with her, though, like when she joked about "lazy dwarves," I think that put him at ease. She seemed genuinely comfortable with his stature, which he seemed to appreciate.

Maybe the implausible part was that she would go out with that other loser.

Erin said...

That's true. She was a sweet girl. And there was no awkwardness between them because of his height, which was probably very attractive. But I agree with you that if it wasn't a joke, the line at the end was hokey.