Thursday, January 03, 2008

Metropolitan

For an interim movie, I wanted something a bit lighter than Cassavetes. When my parents were out here last summer we watched a couple of movies one of which was Whit Stillman’s “Barcelona”. I liked it but remember thinking at the time that his other film, “Metropolitan” was better. Time to find out.

This one is on Netflix and might even be in your local rental. I’ll start a thread or two over the weekend and everyone can jump in when they get the chance.

4 comments:

cl said...

Oh, I saw this years ago -- loved it at the time. I barely remember it, though. This should be fun. Good pick!

driftwood said...

Yes, that’s exactly where I’m at, and I’m curious how it holds up. A good sign is that it is now out on Criterion and they usually have good tastes.

kc said...

I LOVE this movie. Sassy upscale New York kids. Can't wait to rewatch. It's been a few years.

Ben said...

I'm sorry that I haven't seen either of your picks. I'm not in charge of procuring movies, so I'm not sure when or if I'll get to see them.